The National Diploma in Architecture shall be a full time programme with duration of two (2) academic years. Each academic year shall consist of two (2) semesters and a period for industrial training. Each semester shall consist of seventeen (17) weeks; Fifteen (15) weeks of teaching and continuous assessment, Two (2) weeks of Practical, and pen and Paper examination. Industrial training shall be a core module and will take a period of at least (10) weeks.
- A learner scoring at least 2.00 GPs in all the modules of the programme shall be awarded a National Diploma in Architecture by the National Examinations Board.
- A learner who has scored less than 2.00 GPs in some modules in the first year may proceed to second year but will not be awarded the certificate until he has scored at least 2.00 GPs in all the modules.
- A learner shall be provided with a statement of results by the National Examinations Board indicating the grades obtained in each module irrespective of the grades obtained.
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the National Diploma in Architecture on meeting any of the following minimum qualifications:
I. ADVANCED LEVEL ENTRY SCHEME
At least One Principal Pass in either Physics or Mathematics obtained at the same sitting of the Advanced Level Examinations or its equivalent. For purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall be classified as follows: Essential – Physics and Mathematics x3 Relevant – Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing, Metalwork or Woodwork x2 Desirable – General Paper, any other Technical Subject x 1 Others – Any other subject x 0.5
II. CERTIFICATE ENTRY SCHEME
At least a National or Advanced Certificate from a recognised Institution in;
- Block Laying and Concrete Practice
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Painting and Decoration
- Any other engineering field as will be approved by the Joint Admissions Board of Ministry of education and sports.
GRADUATE ENTRY SCHEME
A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Science disciplines from a recognised institution.
ORGANIZATIONS’ THAT EMPLOY NDA GRADUATES
A graduate of National Diploma in Architecture can be employed in the following types of Organizations’
- Central Government Ministries (for example, Ministry of Lands Housing and Urban Development)
- Local Government Districts (for example, Lira District, Mukono District)
- Government Corporations (for example; NWSC, NEMA)
- Contractors (for example; Roko Construction Ltd, Zimwe Construction Ltd)
- Consultants (e.g. Kyambogo Engineering Services)
- Non Governmental Organisations (e.g. ADRA, UWASNET)
- International organizations such as (WHO, UNICEF, WFP)
- Self Employment or self created job
Receive 30% off for first 100 students. Call for Application for Architecture Draftsmanship (NDA)ENROLL