DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The National Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning is a full time programme with duration of two (2) academic years consisting of two (2) semesters each and two recess terms. Each semester shall consist of seventeen (17) weeks; Fifteen (15) weeks of teaching and continuous assessment, Two (2) weeks of Practical, and pen and Paper examination. Industrial training shall be a core module and will take a period of at least (10) weeks.
- A learner scoring at least 2.00 GPs in all the modules of the programme shall be awarded a National Diploma in Architecture by the National Examinations Board.
- A learner who has scored less than 2.00 GPs in some modules in the first year may proceed to second year but will not be awarded the certificate until he has scored at least 2.00 GPs in all the modules.
- A learner shall be provided with a statement of results by the National Examinations Board indicating the grades obtained in each module irrespective of the grades obtained.
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering programme on meeting any of the following minimum qualifications specified as follows:
I. ADVANCED LEVEL ENTRY SCHEME
At least one Principal Pass in either Physics or Mathematics obtained at the same sitting of the Advanced Level Examinations or its equivalent. For purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall be classified as follows: Essential – Physics and Mathematics x3 Relevant – Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing, Metalwork or Woodwork x2 Desirable – General Paper, any other Technical Subject x 1 Others – Any other subject x 0.5
II. CERTIFICATE ENTRY SCHEME
At least a credit National (or Advanced) Certificate from a recognised Institution in Refrigeration and air Conditioning or any other related Engineering field as approved by the selection committee constituted by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
GRADUATE ENTRY SCHEME
A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Science disciplines from a recognised institution
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE FOR THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
This Section describes the main tasks of the graduates of NDRA and where he/she performs them from. A graduate of National Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning can be employed in the following types of Organisations:
- Manufacturing / processing industries both in the private and public sector.
- Service sectors like railway and military engineering services/ boards, corporations.
- Construction companies, transportation departments, telecommunications, Public Works Department and rural development agencies.
- Power generation, transmission and construction projects.
- Programmers on Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines.
- Self-employment in manufacturing and service sectors.
- Instructors in Technical institutions
- Agricultural industries like horticulture, veterinary.
- Non-governmental Organisations.